Residential Home Fires in Rankin County
residential electrical fire.
Smoke damage can be severe-particles can permeate everything (especially clothing and fabric) and the foul odor is difficult to remove.
- Given the high temperatures of large fires, most if not all of the home furnishings may be rendered unusable.
- Whether or not your house will be livable after a major fire will depend on many factors, and you will need to obtain permission from the Fire Marshall to reenter your home.
- Burned wood in the structure will need to be replaced.
- Ash and soot can stick to floors, walls and furnishings and cause additional damage
In just two minutes, a fire can become life-threatening. In five minutes a residence can be engulfed in flames.
It is very important you contact the professionals at your local restoration company-SERVPRO of Brandon to take care of your loss. 601-829-2162
Fire and Smoke Damage
Board up at a residential fire
At SERVPRO of Brandon our disaster restoration experts will be there to help you clean up and restore your home or business to its preloss condition. Our certified team of professionals are trained and specialized to handle large and small fires and smoke damage cleanup, which includes the following services:
- Temporary protection and board-up of the home or business
- Smoke and odor removal from both the structure and its contents such as personal belongings, furniture etc.
- Structural cleaning
- Fogging and ozoning on site or in our cleaning facility
- Cleaning and storage of personal belongings
- Climate-controlled storage
- Complete demolition
- Total reconstruction of a home or business
Fire and smoke damage to your home or business is a huge and unexpected setback in your life. Fire board-up, cleanup, repair, and restoration are what we do. SERVPRO of Brandon is here for you 24/7/365.
Fire, Smoke & Soot
House fire caused by a fire place
Fire, Smoke, Soot
We know a home or business disaster such as a fire is a traumatic event. No one expects a fire to happen to them, and therefore they frequently are unprepared for what they must do to help return their lives back to normal. When disaster strikes, SERVPRO of Brandon has you covered!
Our certified experts will help you throughout the entire restoration process. Property damage by fire and smoke must be treated promptly and effectively to ensure the best results and to prevent further damage.
We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week & 365 days a year (including holidays) for fire board-up and other emergencies. At SERVPRO of Brandon our team makes sure your situation is handled correctly and professionally to minimize discomfort, inconvenience, and unnecessary additional costs.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – 601-829-2162
Things to Remember - Storm Restoration
The photo shows the result of flooding from a hurricane.
Has your home recently suffered hurricane damage? Wind damage? Are you facing a roof repair? If you're facing storm restoration, you aren't alone. Many homeowners find they have to repair their homes following a difficult storm. Before you begin to deal with storm restoration, here's what you need to know.
Don't do it alone
Whether you're dealing with hurricane damage, wind damage, or hail damage, don't try to repair on your own. Flooding or ground water can seem like an easy thing to fix, but the reality is that you should always contact a home restoration professional to help. Wind damage, and hail damage can be devastating to a home, but home restoration is possible with storm remediation.
If you notice roof damage, a roof leak, flooding, hail damage, or frozen pipes, reach out to SERVPRO of Brandon experts immediately. Never wait to see if the frozen pipes or roof leak will get worse. The sooner you seek home restoration, the better off your home will be.
Help is waiting 601-829-2162
The Do's and Don'ts After Flooding
This photo is from a flood due to a hurricane and shows after SERVPRO of Brandon removed the wet materials.
If your home or business is affected by a storm and is flooded. A few tips to help you through the process till the experts arrive.
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
Call your local SERVPRO of Brandon to take charge of the situation to restore your home. Help is here 601-829-2162
Storm Damage Procedures in Brandon, MS
This photo was from a flood damage in the home
Storm Damage can be a water loss due to flooding in the Brandon, MS area and has devastating effects.
Flood waters can carry a lot of bacteria and other contaminates from the roadways. When floods enter a home or business it is important to have a Disaster and Restoration Company ready to respond. Anything that is porous will soak up the contaminated water. These porous items will need to be removed or cut out before the disinfecting process takes place.
Having the SERVPRO of Brandon number 601-829-2162 ready will give your home or business a leg up when there is a storm. Mitigating the damage quickly will save time and money on your storm loss.
Luckily, there is a proven and effect set of protocols for the mitigation and restoration of a property that has suffered water damage. These have been established over the course of decades and can only be carried out effectively by a professional restoration company. It all begins with a prompt phone call to their local restoration company.
It's also important to note that a flooded home or business is a highly resolvable problem. If the restoration and mitigation efforts begin within the first five hours of the appearance of water in the home or water in the business, the chances of a successful restoration and mitigation of the damage is nearly certain. However, if the water cleanup efforts are delayed past the first 24 hours, it becomes increasingly likely that the property will sustain permanent damage.
DO NOT hesitate to call your local Mitigation and Restoration Company if your home or business encounters water damage from a storm. SERVPRO of Brandon is here to help.
Mold - Hides
This photo shows the hidden mold in a crawl space.
At times, mold is hard to detect.
What usually happens is that mold grows in a place that never dried out, like in this particular home mold was in a crawl space. A combination of moisture, a warm temperature and an organic food source create the perfect environment for mold to grow quickly. In Mississippi, we have such high humidity, this makes it a perfect spot for mold growth.
Mold spores are everywhere and can easily get into homes and businesses.
Here are some tips to avoid mold growth in your home:
-Do not allow standing water in or around your home
-Use exhaust fans in your home
-Leave the AC Unit running when you are not at home
-If you notice any strange smells, please get it check out immediately
-Do not hesitate or forget to call your local re-mediator, SERVPRO of Brandon, at 601-829.2162 if you think MOLD may be an issue you are facing in your home. Our trained professional technicians are here to assist and get rid of the mold in your home or business. We are here to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year.
Mold From An Old Water Damage
Mold behind baseboards
Mold is part of the natural environment. Indoor mold growth should be avoided. Molds reproduce by means of tiny spores. The spores are invisible to the naked eye and float through the air. Mold may begin growing indoors when spores land on moist surfaces. For example: In the photo the mold grew behind the baseboard and was the result from an old water damage that was not dried out. There are many types of mold, but all require moisture for growth.
If you have a water damage, make sure you call a professional to take care of it immediately, to prevent mold from forming. SERVPRO of Brandon has trained and certified mold technicians to perform this type of remediation.
Safety & Protective Clothing: Our crews use a half- or full-face respirator mask, goggles with a half-face respirator mask prevent mold spores from reaching the mucous membranes of the eyes, they wear disposable hazmat coveralls to keep out particles down to one micrometer, and protective suits keep mold spores from entering skin cuts last but not least, gloves are made of rubber, nitrile, polyurethane, or neoprene.
Equipment we use in mold remediation: moisture meter it measures drying of damaged materials, humidity gauge/thermometer & a camera/borescope.
SERVPRO of Brandon is here to help and restore your property call 601-829-2162
Rankin County: Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Smoke and Soot Damage Can Cause a Pervasive Odor in Your Rankin County Home.
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Brandon will determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – SERVPRO of Brandon 601-829-2162
Faster to your Rankin County Water Damage Event
SERVPRO of Brandon provides 24 hour fire and water damage restoration service in Rankin County.
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Brandon provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Brandon arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – SERVPRO of Brandon 601-829-2162
About SERVPRO of Brandon
SERVPRO of Brandon's staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.