Heavy Rains, Storms, Flooding SERVPRO of Brandon is Ready
Flooding caused from heavy rains in Rankin County
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Rankin County, SERVPRO of Brandon can scale our resources to handle any size storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
SERVPRO of Brandon specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today SERVPRO of Brandon 601-829-2162
Water damage in your home - What to do?
This flooded sun room was caused by a hot water heater that burst.
First it is vital you act quickly, before more damage occurs by stopping the water intrusion. Shut off the water source if possible. Once this is done, migrating, or keeping more damage from happening is where our SERVPRO of Brandon team of professionals come in. Once we are on site, we asses the damages, clean and dry the affected area and restore it "Like it never even happened."
If you have a water damage from a clean source such as water supply lines, sink overflows, tub overflows, or appliance malfunctions, burst pipes here are some things to do before SERVPRO of Brandon arrives.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping or blotting with towels
- Remove any and other materials that are valuable or sensitive to moisture to a dry place
- Shut off the source of the water
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building if the access panel is safe from electrical shock.
- Remove any loose items from the floors
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Use wooden clothespins to keep furniture skirting off damp floors
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
Need Emergency Service? Call us 24/7 – 601-829-2162
SERVPRO of Brandon provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any size disaster. Our highly trained technicians can respond immediately to your residential or commercial emergency.
classroom flooded from a roof leak.
Over the weekend anything can happen to your property, like it did for this commercial customer. It was caused from heavy rains causing a Roof Leak. Without anyone knowing till Monday morning.
About SERVPRO of Brandon
SERVPRO of Brandon specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Restoring Commercial Properties
We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call (601) 829-2162 and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
SERVPRO of Brandon was on site immediately after we were called. We assessed the loss and started the mitigation process ASAP. We found that the water had migrated to about 6 rooms. Our trained professionals extracted the water, removed wet vinyl, wet ceiling tiles, and baseboards. The crews started the drying process by placing placing the equipment. Our customers were very please
Safety Tips for Lightning
Lightning is one of the leading causes of weather-related fatalities. Some factors can put you at greater risk for being struck. Here are a few safety tips for when it is lightning.
Be aware. If the weather forecast calls for thunderstorms, postpone your trip or activity, or make sure adequate safe shelter is available. Be sure to check the forecast before participating in outdoor activities.
Avoid electronic equipment. Lightning can travel through electrical systems, radio, and television reception systems, and any metal wires or bars in concrete walls or flooring. Do not use computers, laptops, game systems, washers, dryers, stoves, or anything connected to an electrical outlet. Equip homes and offices with whole-house surge protectors to protect appliances.
Stay indoors. Remember the phrase, “When thunder roars, go indoors.” Find a safe, enclosed shelter when you hear thunder. Like homes, offices, shopping centers, and hard-top vehicles with the windows rolled up.
Avoid water. Do not bathe, shower, wash dishes, or have any other contact with water during a thunderstorm because lightning can travel through a building’s plumbing.
Avoid windows, doors, porches, and concrete. Lightning can travel through any metal wires or bars in concrete walls or flooring. Do not lie on concrete floors and avoid leaning on concrete walls.
Cleaning Contents - Even Electrical Items
electric fan corroded with dust, cat and dog hair.
At SERVPRO of Brandon we use the Morantz Ultrasonic Cleaning System. Our team is highly trained and has been certified by Morantz.
Yes, we can clean your electronics along with many other items as listed.
- window blinds (micro & minis, wood, aluminum. plastic, vertical, shades, draperies, curtains, etc.)
- fans (electric)
- china, crystal
- dishes, pots & pans
- wood objects
- musical instruments
- lamp shades
- kitchen appliances (small & electric tools)
- telephones, cell
- televisions, computer monitors, computer keyboards & printer
- artificial plants, flowers & trees
- baby stroller, high-chairs
- carpets, rugs
- patio furniture
- DVD & CD players, VCRs
No matter what; we at SERVPRO of Brandon have the experience and expertise to clean your contents from a fire, mold, water, dust, pets or even nicotine.
For all your cleaning needs call us (601) 829-2162.
SERVPRO of Brandon Water Damage Service 24 Hour Emergency
water damage from a sink overflow affecting 5 rooms of this home.
SERVPRO of Brandon is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - (601)829-2162
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused and stressed. SERVPRO of Brandon has trained, experienced, certified professionals to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration; you need an expert to guide you through this crisis.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Brandon
SERVPRO of Brandon specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Does Your Home Have A Mold Problem?
mold on a wall behind wallpaper
In Brandon, MS mold can spread through a home in as little as 48 hours.
Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all molds from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent. Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed and removed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – SERVPRO of Brandon (601) 829-2162
Mold in a closet of your home
Homeowners sometimes find that their closets become a source of mold and mildew.Moisture can come from many sources. Even wet or damp clothing can be a water source.
Here are a few tips to prevent closet mold:
Be sure any clothes, linens or towels are completely clean and dry before storing them.
Leave space around stored clothing allows more air to circulate. Do not pack clothes too tightly.
Leave the closet door open when possible.
Wire shelving provides greater air circulation than solid shelves.
Keep your items off the floor to keep moisture from appearing underneath them. Hang the clothes or keep them in boxes.
Air out your closets occasionally by clearing them out and washing any clothing.
SERVPRO of Brandon provides professional mold remediation. Call 601-829-2162 if you see any signs of mold.
Hot Water Heater pipe burst in the attic
ceiling collapses from a frozen pipe on the hot water
A hot water heater in your attic can cause a major water damage. That is what happened to this Rankin County homeowner. While they were out of town the kitchen ceiling collapsed. the cause was from a frozen pipe on the hot water heater in the attic.
SERVPRO of Brandon is well equipped to respond to an emergency of this magnitude. We have trained and certified technicians to handle all the aspects of your loss. If you have a water damage to you home or business, do not hesitate to call us (601)829-2162. We are here to help 24/7/365 .
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost
Fire in the kitchen at a local home
Kitchen fire from cooking
Did you know the kitchen is where more home fires occur than anywhere else in the house and that cooking is the number one cause of home fires? Here are some really good tips for you to go by to prevent a fire in your kitchen.
- Never leave cooking food unattended – stay in the kitchen. If you have to leave the kitchen, even for a second, turn off the stove.
- Check your food regularly while cooking.
- Use a timer so you’ll remember that the stove or oven is on.
- Don’t wear loose clothing or dangling sleeves while cooking.
- Keep the kids away from the cooking area.
- Keep anything that can catch fire - pot holders, oven mitts, towels, etc. — away from your stove or any other appliance in the kitchen that generates heat.
- Clean cooking surfaces on a regular basis to prevent grease buildup.
- Consider purchasing a fire extinguisher to keep in your kitchen.
- Always check the kitchen before going to bed or leaving the home to make sure all stoves, ovens, and small appliances are turned off.
- Install smoke alarms. Use the test button to check it each month. Replace all batteries at least once a year.