SUMMER VACATION SAFETY TIPS
There is nothing more frightening than the thought of going on a summer vacation, returning home, and finding that your home has been robbed, vandalized. Whether it’s a flooded basement, or even a faulty water heater, there is nothing more devastating than the thought of this unexpected property damage.
There are some ways to minimize the risk. A few Safety Tips to make sure everyone is doing whatever is possible to stay safe!
Don’t make it obvious you are out of town or on vacation
- Try to arrange for a trusted neighbor to bring in your trash, mail and newspaper.
- Suspend your mail and newspaper until you return home.
- Your lights can help lend the impression that someone is home
- Leave a car parked in the driveway.
Of course, an A/C Leak - leading to a flooded attic - ceiling collapse - is another big threat.
- Avoid it by simply turning off your water before you leave.
- You may also drain your hot water heater to ensure no damage done from it.
- Leave an extra key with your neighbor—which will come in handy if, in the worst case scenario, there is a fire, flood, or some other issue that needs to be attended to before you return home.
Simply follow these safety precautions and you’ll be doing all you can do to avert a crisis!
If you need us we are here to help! SERVPRO of Brandon 601-829-2162